June... yes June!

I thought it was time I did an update and a little summary of what's being going on. I update daily on Facebook and Instagram which sadly does mean that this poor little blog gets a little neglected. Do follow on those other networks though and you can see all sorts from my autocratic kitties enjoying a bottom tickle to new work, special offers and general day to day doings :)

Since February I have created a fair bit of new work and also had an exhibition at the Norwich Gift Emporium Gallery as well as the Open Studios Taster Exhition at The Forum. I took part in a couple of fabulous markets; I Make Fun Stuff in Ipswich and BUST Craftactular in London both of which were full of so much eye candy it was hard not to spend all of my earnings on the day! I also have new stockists in Portland, Oregon, and other parts of the US, Belgium and Australia since going wholesale too so please do drop me a line via the website if you're interested in stocking any work and seeing prices. Speaking of which the website is looking much prettier now so do go see!

New illustrations -

Foxley Wood was inspired by Bluebell woods of East Anglia which were throbbing carpets of colour a couple of weeks ago and the plight of the foxes and badgers against crazy humans forever angry at their presence.....



Belljar Mermaid Kittens inspired by Carrie Anne Noble's fabulous new fairytale and YA book "The Mermaids Sister". A glorious and oh so innocent classic.

  

A trip to Paris in April galavanting in Montmartre led to this little Carousel Cat stitching her way around the fair :)


Lastly a zen cat light as a feather sleeps in that enviable tranquility that cats always manage. I have plenty of other new work too which can be seen in the shop alongside all of these which are available as prints. 



 I also created a range of Alice in Wonderland cushions in celebration of her 150th Birthday this year which you can see here. They're available as made up cushions in the shop but also as a DIY kit is you want the cheaper craftier version! The Cheshire cat is a little bit special because he is reversible to leave just his smile :) You can see the video here.







 Myself and my husband have also taken over Norwich Makers Market and we had the first event last Saturday to great success(and relief!). I was so nervous about this and whether people would come but lovely shoppers were queueing at the door well before our 11am opening time and the continued to come and see us throughout the day with the cafe from Deerly Beloved selling out of cakes and pastries by lunchtime! They promise to bring double next time!  Thanks heaps to all the traders and shoppers who made it such a lovely day! It was such a whirlwind that I managed to take zero photo's, gah!

I made goodie bags for the first customers through the door consisting of cactus kits and lots of offers from all the traders. I'm already thinking about what we can make for the Christmas ones! Here are a few pics and the Christmas Market will be on the 28th November, see you there! - 






I am currently doing Open Studios until Saturday 6th June (inclusive) so if you're local do pop along and see my kitsch work area! I will also have lots of work for sale at some slashed special prices just for Open Studios.  Here are my details and opening times - http://www.nnopenstudios.org.uk/artists/details/738.




I can't fit everything in here of what has been and what is coming up but I am very excited about painting a really big piece over the next 4 weeks which will be a part of the Underground Gallery . This is being organised by the fabulous Life in a Fine City. Do follow their Blog and  Facebook for details on all the artist. I'm also finally getting my head into organising the spreads for a graphic novel that has been on the boil for far too long now alongside getting excited about upcoming jaunts to Barcelona and Corfu. I really hope Summer arrives soon!

Comments

Popular Posts